As the body ages, there will be a decline in the firmness in the skin with the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Lips are no different and lose their volume, plumpness, and glow. Thankfully, with the advent of technology, there can be a significant improvement from these issues and an injectable lip filler is one effective solution among them. Several types of dermal lip fillers can be injected into your lips and around your mouth with the aid of fine needles. But the widely used fillers today are products that include substances based on hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance present in the body and when injected, delivers lip enhancing results with benefits of younger and enhancement of volume.
How is the lip filler procedure performed?
Before the procedure:
The basic step before getting a lip filler procedure comprises finding a reliable and qualified skin specialist and fixing an appointment. Be sure to read their feedback online read the reviews before finalizing. Lip fillers based on hyaluronic acid are safe and if you associate with a reliable skin expert, you will not feel any adverse effects from the treatment. Some of the advised precautions to be taken include:
- Stop taking anti-inflammatory medicines, aspirin, and vitamin E medication a week before the procedure.
- Clearing your doubts and explain all the details about the treatment
- Explaining the expectations from the procedure
- Knowledge of few minor side effects after the procedure, ways to handle them at home, and when to approach the doctor.
- The procedure starts with the doctor applying a topical anesthetic or numbing cream to the lips. In some cases, a doctor may do a skin test for any adverse reactions. If there are signs of any adverse reactions the doctor will not go ahead with the treatment by using the filler. They will test with other types of filler or wait for some days.
- A tiny needle will be used to administer small amounts of anesthetic or cream for numbing the target region of the lips. The patient might experience a small amount of pricking sensation initially when the needle is injected. After the numbing agents show their effect, the doctor will inject the filler straight into the lips. If done under expert hands, lip injections will not cause any adverse issues and feel like a relaxing experience.
- The majority of people have reported this treatment as an easy process with some mild stinging feel inside the lips initially. The complete procedure will take around 15-20 minutes in total. It is not required to take injections on both the lips, but just emphasize just one lip that needs treatment. The specialist will analyze and suggest the number of fillers required to suit your specific features. Once the filler is injected, instantly you will see several results.
After the procedure
There might be some swelling in your lips with tiny red spots in the injection region after the procedure. The lips will be settled after a day and will gradually improve for few days. The effect of numbing agent will be gone in about 15 mins and you will go back home with appropriate instructions.
Another usual effect will be bruising around the lips, which may last for a week. The lips may be somewhat different after the procedure due to freshly injected filler. Some fillers may make it tough for smiling since they will be sore for few days which is normal. Follow the instructions from the skin expert to ensure safety.
What if you are not satisfied with the results of lip fillers?
If in case you are not content with the outcome from lip fillers, a positive thing is that it is not permanent. Since hyaluronic acid-based fillers contain naturally occurring substances, they will be dissolved in the body after some months. But if you need to eliminate the effects instantly there is another injector that will dissolve the filler in 5 minutes and reverse the effects immediately.
How long do lip fillers last?
The amount of lip filler required in the treatment and its longevity depends on every induvial body response. The Hyaluronic Acid fillers typically tend to last between 4 and 6 months. But if you have a high metabolic rate, this substance will be absorbed quickly and the effects will fade off much earlier.
Are lip fillers safe?
Before deciding on getting the treatment, ensure to do a thorough analysis and select a qualified professional for the task. Performing the procedure under the hands of an expert individual will result in leading adverse reactions from the treatment. Unqualified or minimally experienced professionals will not have the ability to treat all the problems and handle any surprises after or during the procedure. A beautician also can’t dissolve the filler if you don’t like the results.
Some known risks of lip fillers:
It is known that hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the human body and there are no or rare cases of any adverse reactions. There are some very minor cases of lump formation after the procedure. This issue is negated by performing a light massage from the expert. These lumps can be dissolved with an enzyme called hyaluronidase that breaks down hyaluronic acid.
Another rare common side effect is a blockage of a blood vessel that decreases the flow of blood to the lip. Prolonged for more time, it can harm the tissues of the lip, but timely attention from a skilled skin expert can reverse the damage caused.
At a reliable center like Yunik Aesthetics, our professionals customize your lip filler treatment to meet your requirements. The team only utilizes all FDA-approved fillers like Restylane-L, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Kysse, Restylane Defyne, Juvéderm Ultra, Juvéderm Ultra Plus, and Volbella, that suits your goals. Our motive is to aid every individual to enhance their natural beauty by finding their unique beauty aspects and reversing the signs of aging.